Microsoft CRM 3.0 Experiences

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Updating Statecode, Statuscode values when importing into Microsoft CRM 3.0

I use CRM Extensions ImportManager Studio 2006 when importing and mass up-dating recording in Microsoft CRM 3.0 but I found a problem when I wanted to Import (create) a large number of Tasks, marking them as Completed.  Microsoft CRM would ignore my request to mark them as completed (setting statecode = 1) and set them to active (statecode = 0) instead.  This was because, due to MS CRM logic, you cannot create a completed task.
 
Workaround
 
It suddenly occurred to me that I didn't care what statecode they were set to when imported because I could set up a Workflow rule that would check each Task as it was created, in my case I checked for a particular value I'd set in the Task Category field, and then change the status of the Task entity in the workflow to be Completed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home